In Paris 2, the associative sector is very diverse and vibrant. To be part of a club is one of the best ways to meet people and feel less lost in the big university. We are sure that you will find a club that maches your interests as there is a lot of different associations. No pressure, you will be able to choose to be more or less invested depending on the time you will have. In addition, some of the associations will give you an interview at the beginning of the year before joining the chosen one.
At the beginning of every school year, the university organises a clubs fair: it is a great way to meet members of lots of associations and choose the one you want.
Here is a list of some of the associations:
- Assas.net organises a student support system.
- La Corpo and UGES organise parties and events.
- Assas monde arabe, Union des étudiants juifs de France, Aumônerie d'Assas, Assas Muslims, Association franco-libanaise, Association outre-mer et Afrique and Vostokassas are religious or cultural associations.
- Assas insolent, Lysias, Révolte-toi Assas and Assas debating society (in english) are for debate and moot courts.
- Assas for U (Unicef), Amnesty Assas, Carit'Assas and Pierre Clavier are charities.
- Assas Surf Club, La Boule (bocce), Ski Club Assas, les Ailes d’Assas (planes), la flèche d’Assas (darts), Baby Assas (table football) are sport clubs.
- Canal Network Assas, Prav’da and l’Œil d’Assas are journalist associations.
- Jeunes pousses and Assas Junior Conseil are linked to the professional and entrepreneurial world.
- Other clubs: LGBT+, Union des féministes d'Assas, Les rassasiés (food), Le Cru d'Assas (wine), Assas environnement, Assas de Concert (music), Assas mode (fashion), Automobile club Assas (cars), La Gallinette (hunting), Scène Assassines (theater), La Chope (beer)…
They all have a facebook page and some of them a website. So don’t hesitate to look them up and to contact them a the beginning of your year in Paris!